Applications for both School Direct (Salaried) and SCITT for 2022/23 are now open. Applications are through the government “Apply” service. Click here to apply.
If you need any help or advice with your application please get in touch. Email: email@example.com Phone: 0208 520 3142
View Henry Maynard Training E17 on the “Find Postgraduate Teacher Training” website here
To apply for School Direct (salaried): only available to candidates already employed by a school and where the school is willing to pay salary and training costs
- training provider code name: A1935
- training provider code: 1RR
- training programme code: 2VDM
To apply for SCITT:
- training provider code name: A2566
- training provider code: 2AW
- training programme code: 2TTJ
For all of our training programmes you should apply in the academic year before you wish to train. You should apply as early as possible after applications open at the beginning of October, as places are highly sought after.
Please ensure that you proof read your application and correct any errors before you apply!
All applicants need to provide details of two referees.
Applicants will be given the following referee advice if you are currently at university or have gained a degree within the last 5 years;
- One reference must be from someone at your university who can comment on your academic ability and potential as a teacher;
- The second reference can be from someone who knows you from work or can comment on your character and potential to be a teacher.
Once the application has been received and processed it is made available online for us to consider. Please note we do not see your application until both references are completed so make sure your referees know they will be contacted and that they are happy to provide a reference for you.
For all programmes:
- A first degree (normally we ask for a degree at 2.2 or above) from a recognised UK higher education institution (or equivalent overseas Qualification)
- GCSE Grade C/ Grade 4 or higher (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics, and Science
- Recent experience of working with children. This can be paid or voluntary work. A minimum of two weeks school experience is normally required as part of the selection process
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately in Standard English (both written and orally)
- A commitment to teach and a motivation to learn
- Well developed personal qualities and skills such as self-organisation, resilience and reflectiveness
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Applicants for teacher training must hold a Grade A-C/ 4-9 pass in GCSE in English, Maths and Science or a qualification of equivalent level and breadth of subject. We do not accept Level 2 certificates in Adult Literacy or Adult Numeracy as we have been advised by the National College of Teaching and Leadership that there is insufficient breadth of information studied in these courses for entry to teacher training.
- If you hold a degree or other qualifications from a non-UK institution, you must verify their equivalence through the National Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK ENIC): www.enic.org.uk You will need to supply written evidence of this information with your application.
Applicants who do not hold Maths, English, Science GCSE Grade C (or above)
If you do not hold a GCSE in Maths or English at grade C or above or an equivalent qualification, you can still apply as long as you indicate on your application form that you are taking an equivalency test. We accept equivalency tests from:
A*Star Teachers www.astarteachers.co.uk Tel: 020 7272 7070
Equivalency Testing www.equivalencytesting.co.uk Tel: 01277 203336
A pass in these tests will be acknowledged by Henry Maynard Training E17 as being equivalent to Grade C or above at GCSE/GCE O-level.
Results of equivalency tests / GCSEs must be received by Henry Maynard Training E17 by 1st June 2022 – we cannot wait for results of normal GCSE exams (which usually do not come out until August) so would not recommend you arrange to take these.
If you need support with arranging or preparing for your equivalency tests, please do get in touch.